When power of attorney is executed in India
In case of non-residents, if the power of attorney is being executed outside India
- Attorney should be a resident of India
- Power of attorney is to be executed on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.100/- with one extra copy on a plain paper (State of Tamil Nadu)
- The executant should initial each page of the Power of Attorney and wherever the blanks are filled in.
- A Judicial Magistrate or a Notary Public should ATTEST the signature of the executant.
GENERAL POWER OF ATTORNEY
- The attorney should preferably be a resident of India
- The power of attorney should be executed on a stamp paper/plain paper as the case may be as applicable in the country in which the power of attorney is executed.
- Any authorised official of the Indian Embassy/Consulate/Trade commissioner in the country where the executant resides should attest the signature of the executant.
- The Power of attorney after being received in India, should be duly adjudicated / validated in the Concerned District Registrar, in India.
KNOW BY ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS THAT I / WE _________________________,
DO HEREBY APPOINT AND CONSTITUTE ___________________________________,
son/ daughter of _____________________________ (hereinafter
called "Attorney", who has Subscribed his/her signature hereunder
in token of identification) and at present residing at __________
To be my lawful attorney in my name and on my behalf to do
any one or all of the following acts, deeds and things, namely:
He/ She is authorised to do all such acts, deeds and things
including signing any papers/documents as are necessary and
incidental to the above AND that any act or statement or writing
of my/our said Attorney in pursuance hereto shall be deemed
to be fully authorised and ratified by me/us.
- To apply for a loan/s under the various schemes of SUNDARAM BNP PARIBAS
HOME FINANCE LIMITED (Sundaram BNP Paribas Home) as also any further or additional
loan/s to Sundaram BNP Paribas Home for such amount as the attorney may deem
fit and sign the loan application/s in my/our name and on
my/our behalf and to furnish all the details and information
required by Sundaram BNP Paribas Home and to give statement, letter, clarification
or any other writing required or necessary for availing
of the said loan/s from Sundaram BNP Paribas Home.
- To pay on my/our behalf processing fees, administrative
fees and any other charges leviable in respect of the said loan/s.
- To accept the loan offer letters and sign the acceptances
thereof in token of my/our Acceptance or the terms and conditions
- To request or agree with Sundaram BNP Paribas Home for any change or modification
in the loan amount/s Rate/s of interest, period of repayment
of loans or any other terms and conditions in Relation to
the loan/s at any time or from time to time.
- To receive the disbursement of the said loan/s and for
that purpose give effectual Discharge.
- To mortgage any property/ies he/she may book/purchase
on my/our behalf or which I/We might have booked/purchased
(whether with or without Sundaram BNP Paribas Home’s financial assistance) With
Sundaram BNP Paribas Home by deposit of Title Deeds as security for the repayment
of the loan/s granted/to be granted by Sundaram BNP Paribas Home to me/us. The
Attorney is authorised to convey our Intentions to create
security on my/our said property/ies or any other property/ies
he/she May book/buy on my/our behalf.
- He/she is authorised to execute any writings, undertakings,
indemnities etc on my/ our behalf in respect of mortgage
of the said property/ies.
- He/she is further authorised to execute any loan agreement/s,
promissory notes, letter/s of declaration and indemnity
or such other documents as may be required by Sundaram BNP Paribas Home in respect
of the said loan/s.
- He/ She is also authorised to execute in favour of Sundaram BNP Paribas Home
a general power of attorney in such manner as required by
Sundaram BNP Paribas Home. Further he/she is authorised to pledge with Sundaram BNP Paribas Home any
security owned by me/us in favour of Sundaram BNP Paribas Home by way of security
for the said loan/s and to sign any documents, transfer
forms or papers that may be required by Sundaram BNP Paribas Home in connection
- To acknowledge my/ our liability/debt in respect of the
loan/s to receive loan/s and all other documents including
title documents on my/our behalf from Sundaram BNP Paribas Home and execute receipt/s
- To open and/or operate Bank account in any Bank in India
in my/our name both resident as well as non-resident. The
account may be operated in Indian Currency or foreign currency
to be remitted by me/us from time to time.
- To assign my Life Insurance Policies bearing Nos.__________________
In favour of Sundaram BNP Paribas Home and to sign such papers including notice/s
in respect thereof as may be required.
Dated at ____________ this the _________ day of ____________ of ______
Specimen Signature of Attorney